The following are some designs for t-shirts to be used for fund raising. Please give some feedback to Jack and Todd to share with the others from the Student Affairs Committee.
You should be able to click on the picture for a larger image.
I also like the last one the best, although I would certainly purchase some of the others (particularly the "invisible hand" one) for my own collection.
I like the "We got charts and graphs..." (though it may sound more snappy to pick either charts or graphs and leave the other word out) and the "A good fit". Another idea would be to have the front graphic be larger and then "Not so dismal after all" on the back. Sarah
I like the Understanding Economics/Good Fit design the most among the options.
In the spirit of open, honest commenting, however innocently the design was created, I personally, strongly dislike the Invisible Hand design given the various ways the reference can be interpreted/misinterpreted in connection with the image of these 2 young women talking, and I therefore don't think it's appropriate as a Department sanctioned shirt...I would not purchase nor wear it; while it undoubtedly would attract some students, I think it would alienate other students and potentially pose a problem with a set of alumni, as well--all headaches we don't need.
I like the last one (good fit) the best. It is exactly the kind of shirt I'd like to represent our Department. I think it will have the widest appeal to our students. My next choice would be the charts & graphs design.
Assistant professor of economics at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Notorious slacker, troublemaker and problem solver. I just want to be a good consumer.
Ph.D. University of Cincinnati,
M.A. Miami University,
B.A. The Ohio State University,
High School: Buchtel High School (Akron, Ohio)
Member IUP Safe Zone.
The last one is my favorite by far.
ReplyDeleteI also like the last one the best, although I would certainly purchase some of the others (particularly the "invisible hand" one) for my own collection.
ReplyDeleteI like the "We got charts and graphs..." (though it may sound more snappy to pick either charts or graphs and leave the other word out) and the "A good fit". Another idea would be to have the front graphic be larger and then "Not so dismal after all" on the back.
ReplyDeleteSarah
I like the Understanding Economics/Good Fit design the most among the options.
ReplyDeleteIn the spirit of open, honest commenting, however innocently the design was created, I personally, strongly dislike the Invisible Hand design given the various ways the reference can be interpreted/misinterpreted in connection with the image of these 2 young women talking, and I therefore don't think it's appropriate as a Department sanctioned shirt...I would not purchase nor wear it; while it undoubtedly would attract some students, I think it would alienate other students and potentially pose a problem with a set of alumni, as well--all headaches we don't need.
I like the last one (good fit) the best. It is exactly the kind of shirt I'd like to represent our Department. I think it will have the widest appeal to our students. My next choice would be the charts & graphs design.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the hard work!
JJJ